2010年9月10日金曜日

【PV】今日の学び_20100910

Private Lesson

FP試験まであと2日。頭に漢字がいっぱい…。

こういうときは、writingで気分転換!

【News Lesson】

・What did you think when you read the headline?
  - When I read the headline, I thought it was a new movie’s name or something.
  × I think it is a new movie’s name or something.

・What springs to mind when you hear the word ‘Titanic’?
  - I would associate ‘Titanic’ with Leonardo Dicaprio..

・Did you visit the website from the article?
  - Yes, I visited it and I liked it.
  × Yes, I visited it. I liked it.

・Why do you think more women and children survived than men?
  - Maybe men helped the women and children like what I saw from the movie.
  × Maybe men helped women and children like the movie.

・When was the last time you worked against the clock?
  - When I used to work at a travel agency, I always worked against the clock!
  × When I was at travel agency, I always worked against the clock!

・What secrets do you think the Titanic holds?
  - I think the evidence of the sinking will be found on the Titanic ship wreck.
  × I think there would be an evidence of sinking it on the Titanic.

この、「would」の使い回し。
『ハートで感じる英文法』によると、丁寧表現、控えめ表現にあたる。
これって、ネイティブでは多発されてるんだよね。あとでまとめてみよ。

前に旅行代理店で働いていたときに、の表現で使う「used to」。
これもぜひ身につけて使いこなしたいところ。

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿