2011年2月21日月曜日

【DME】今日の学び_20110221

English Method

英語は続くよどこまでも。Lesson106の途中から107の途中まで。

「制限用法関係節」と「非制限用法関係節」の区分けがむずかしー!

・Is Direct English a traditional method of teaching a language?
  - No, Direct English isn’t a traditional method of teaching a language.

・Are some shops in this city open till midnight?
  - Yes, some shops in this city open till midnight.

・If you go on holiday, do you ask your neighbour to watch over your house?
  - Yes, if I go on holiday, I ask my neighbour to watch over my house.

・Do children sometimes misbehave when parents don’t watch over them?
  - Yes, children sometimes misbehave when parents don’t watch over them.

・What kind of animals is best for watching over our houses?
  - Dogs are best for watching over our houses.

・Would you like to run your own business?
  - No, I wouldn’t like to run my own business.

・What does the success of a business depend on?
  - The success of a business usually depends on hard work.

・Why are some businesses more successful than others?
  - Some businesses are more successful than others because some businessmen think quicker and have better ideas.

・What would you wish somebody who was going to take an exam?
  - I’d wish somebody who was going to take an exam good luck.

・Have you ever experienced good or bad luck?
  - I’ve experienced good luck.
  - I god a very doog job.

・Do you need to be a little luckey to pass a driving test at the first attempt?
  - Yes, you need to be a little lucky to pass a driving test at the first attempt.

・Whom do we call superstitious?
  - We call superstitious a person who believes that certain things or events can bring good or bad luck.

・What are people usually superstitious about?
  - People are usually superstitious about the number 13, or about walkind under a ladder.

・What’s the most common superstition in your country?
  - The most common superstition in my country is that when you break a mirror, it’ll bring you 7 years of bad luck.

・If a friend posts you a card, how long does it take the card to arrive in your letter-box?
  - If a friend posts me a card, it takes the card about two days to arrive in my letter-box.

・Would you say that the post in your city was rather slow or quite fast?
  - I’d say that the post in my city was rather slow.

・Do you find a lot of junk mail in your letter-box?
  - Yes, I find a lot of junk mail in my letter-box.

・How many spam e-mails do you get daily?
  - I usually get about 20 spam e-mails daily.

・How lond does it take you to delete spam from your inbox?
  - It takes me about 2 minutes to delete spam from inbox.

・What can you do with e-mails you’ve read?
  - I can delete e-mails I’ve ever read from my inbox.

・Give me a sentence with ‘among other thing’, please.
  - He lost the job because, among other things, he was always late.
  - At the meeting we discussed, among other things, the problem with the new employees.

・When does the teacher mention students’ nemes?
  - The teacher mentions students’ names at the beggining or at the end of the lesson.

・Whet among other things do they usually mention on TV news?
  - Amone other things, they usually mention the weather conditions for the coming days on TV news.

・Have I mentioned that we’re going to have a dictation today?
  - No, you haven’t mentioned that we’re goint to have a dictation today.

・Why do people learn foreign languages?
  - People learn foreign landuages so that they can communicate with people from other countries.

・Can people communicate without words?
  - Yes, people can communicate without words.
  - By using their hands, eyes, heads.

・Why do people sometimes find it difficult to communicate with each other?
  - People sometimes find it difficult to communicate with each other because they don’t speak honestly to each other.

・What are some means of communication?
  - Some means of communication are e-mails, text messages and phone calls.

・Do you agree that communication in a large organisation is very important?
  - Yes, I agree that communication in a large organisation is very important.

・What are the most common means of communication in the world today besides speaking?
  - I think text messages and e-mails are the most common means of communication in the world today besides speaking.

・Can we omit a defining relative clause in a sentence?
  - No, we can’t omit a defining relative clause in a sentence.
  - Because a defining relative clause is essential to the meaning of a sentence.

・Is a non-defining relative clause essential to the meaning of a sentence?
  - No, a non-defining relative clause isn’t essential to the meaning of a sentence.

・Give me an example of a defining relative clause, please.
  - The man to whom I spoke was from Canada.
  - The car which I bought two weeks ago has been stolen.
  - Passangers who travelled on that bus yesterday forgot their tickets.

・Give me an example of a non-defining relative clause, please.
  - Susan, whose children go to kindergarten, has just got a job.
  - Tom, whom I heve known for years, has just died.
  - The book, which was very interesting, belongs to him.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿