2011年2月18日金曜日

【DME】今日の学び_20110218

English Method

さあ、ココカラ!気合をいれてどんどん行こう。

ってことで、lesson103の途中からLesson104の途中まで。

・What things help people manage their lives?
  - Computers and credit cards help people manage their lives.

・Do cars make it easier or more difficult to manage our lives in a city?
  - Cars make it easier to manage our lives in a city.
  - Because you can save your time.

・What things in your house can’t you manage without?
  - I can’t manage without a fridge and a washing machine.

・What things in your house can you manage without?
  - I can manage without a dishwasher and a microwave.

・Whom do parents sometimes employ if they have a job and can’t manage to find the time to look after their children?
  - Parents sometimes employ a babysitter if they have a job and can’t manage to find the time to look after their children.

・What can a failure in the management of a company cause?
  - A failure in the management of a company can cause the company to close down.

・Do our plans sometimes end in failure?
  - Yes, our plans sometimes end in failure.

・Shall we have a party tonight?
  - OK, it’s all right with me.

・Let’s eat in a restaurant!
  - Great! I’d love to eat out tonight!

・What about learning English in the afternoon?
  - Thanks, but I have to do something else.

・Why don’t we finish the lesson earlier today?
  - I don’t think the teacher will agree.

Is it worth making the attempt to learn a foreign language?
  - Yes, it’s worth making the attempt to learn a foreign language.
  - Because if we succeed, we’ll be able to speak to people from other countries.

・If your car broke down, would you attempt to repair it yourself?
  - No, if my car broke down, I wouldn’t attempt to repair it myself.

・Do you know who attempted to fly around the world in a balloon?
  - Yes, I know who attemptet to fly around the world in a balloon.
  - It was Steve Fosset.

・Did he manage to do it?
  - Yes, He managed to do it at the third attempt.

・Do we put in a lot of effort if we attempt to do something difficult?
  - Yes, we have to put a lot of effort if we attempt to do something difficult.

・Does it take a lot of effort to learn English pronunciation?
  - Yes, it takes a lot of effort to learn English pronunciation.

・What should you do if you fail an exam?
  - I should make more of an effort to study at home if I fail an exam.

・What charity organisations in your country make an effort to raise maney for the poor?
  - The Red Cross is a charity organisation in my country which makes an effort to raise money for the poor.

・What are you concentrating your efforts on now?
  - I’m concentrating my efforts on learning English now.

・Is business in your country usually concentrated in large cities or in small towns?
  - Business in my country is usually concentrated in large cities.

・Do you know how the Titanic sank?
  - Yes, I know how the Titanic sank. She hit an iceberg on her first journey.

・Did people believe she was unsinkable?
  - Yes, some people believed she was unsinkable.

・How much of an iceberg is above the surface of the sea, and how much is below?
  - One theth of an iceberg is above the surface of the sea and nice tenths are below.

・How long can the average person stay in cold sea water before they drown?
  - The average person can stay in cold sea water for about five minuts before they drown.

・If you saw somebody drowning, would you attempt to rescue them?
  - Yes, if I saw somebody drowning, I’d attempt to rescue them.
  - Because I always try to help people in need.

・Who’s a flatmate?
  - A flatmate’s a person who lives with us in the same flat.

・Who’s a schoolmate?
  - A schoolmate’s a person who goes to the same school as we do.

・What can we call a person we work with?
  - We can call a person we work with a workmate.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿