2011年2月11日金曜日

【DME】今日の学び_20110211

English Method

ということで、今日はLesson102の初めから、Lesson103の途中まで。

・Do you expect the governmnet will raise the tax on cigaretts next year?
  - Yes, I expect the government will raise the tax on cigaretts next year?
  - Because the government wants people to stop smoking.

・When do I have to raise my voice?
  - You have to raise your voice when there’s a lot of noise in the street.

・In which region of this country were you raised?
  - I was raised in the north of this country.

・Is it easy to buy a used car in perfect condition?
  - No, it isn’t easy to buy a used car in perfect condition.
  - Because sellers seldom tell the truth about the car’s condition.

・Do you agree that the conditions in which children are raised influence their adult life?
  - Yes, I agree that the conditions in which children are raised influence their adult life.

・If you were walking in a large group of people in the mountains, would you like to go ahead and find the way?
  - No, if I were walking in a large group of people in the mountains, I wouldn’t like to go ahead and find the way.
  - Because the whole group might lose their way because of me.

・What does ‘anyway’ mean?
  - ‘Anyhow’ means ‘anyway’ ore ‘in a careless way’.

・If I said that something wasn’t allowed, would you go ahead and do it anyhow?
  - Yes, if you said that something wasn’t allowed, I’d go ahead and do it anyhow.
  - Because I never listen to the teacher.

・Is it easy to get hold of tickets for a match between Manchester United and Real Madrid?
  - Yes, it’s easy to get hold of tickets for a match between Manchester United and Real Madrid.

・Do you think a five-day coach tour of Italy would be interesting ?
  - Yes, I think a five-day coach tour of Italy would be interesting.

・Give me an example with expression ‘by the way’, please.
  - What’s the time, by the way.

・What do people do when they want to change their hair colour?
  - When people want to change their hair colour, they dye their hair.

・If you went bald, could you dye your hair?
  - No, if you went bald, I couldn’t dye my hair.

・When do we use ‘so that’?
  - We use ‘so that’ when we want to explain the purpose of something.

・What do we use after ‘so that’ when the main sentence is in the present tense?
  - We use ‘can’ of ‘will’ after so that when the main sentence is in the present tense.

・What do we user after ‘so that’ when the main sentence is in the past tense?
  - We use ‘could’ or ‘would’ after ‘so that’ when the main sentence is in the past tense.

・Why do you carry a moble phone with you?
  - I carry a mobile phone with me so that people can call me any time.

・Why do banknotes come in different seizes?
  - Banknots come in different sizes so that blind people can tell the difference between then.

・Is it common for people in China to have curly hair?
  - No, it isn’t common for people in China to have curly hair. They usually have straight hair.

・Is life in a large city pretty expensive?
  - Yes, life in a large city pretty expensive.
  - Because everything’s more expensive in a large city than in a small town.

・When do people usually feel ill at ease?
  - People usually feel ill at ease among people they don’t know.

・Have you ever felt ill at ease at a party?
  - No, I haven’t felt ill at ease at a party.
  - Because I always enjoy parties.

・Who looks after after a child when the parents have to go to work?
  - A babysitter looks after a child when the parents have to go to work.

・What do children often learn in kindergarten?
  - Children often learn how to write their first letters or how to read in kindergarten.

・How old must a child be before he can look after a puppy.
  - A child must be at least seven before he can look after a puppy.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿