2011年1月29日土曜日

【DME】今日の学び_20110130

English Method

stage6のレビューが終わり、さて後半戦のstage7に突入!

Lesson98のはじめから終わりまでー。

・What’s your favorite kind of housework?
  - My favorite kind of housework is ironing or washing up.

・Are students glad when they fail an exam?
  - No, students aren’t  glad when they fail an exam, but they’re glad when they pass it.

・What do we call the surface of the earth?
  - We call the surface of the earth the ground.

・What would you ask me if you found me lying on the ground?
  - If I found you lying on the ground, I’d ask you What’s the matter?
  - I’d think that you were seriously ill.

・What’s the underground?
  - The underground is a railway system in a city build underground.

・Why do people usually prefer to travel by underground if their city has it?
  - People usually prefer to travel by underground if their city has it because they can avoid traffic jams.

・Do you think cable TV is more expensive than satellite TV?
  - Yes, I think cable TV is more expensive than satellite TV.

・How deep are usually cables below ground level?
  - Cables are usually at least 1 meter below ground level.

・When do the police want to test the of alcohol in somebody’s blood?
  - The police want to test the level of alcohol in somebody’s blood when there has been a road accident.

・What do we do the verbs when want to change direct speech into reported speech?
  - When we want to change direct speech into reported speech, we change the verbs into the past.

・I went to Paris two weeks ago.
  - He said that he had gone to Paris two weeks before.

・Would you know how to repair a hole in the roof of your house?
  - Yes,I’d know how to repair a hole in the roof of my house.
  - I’d have the roof repaired by someone who knows how to do it.

・Do you believe people who maintain that they have seen a ghost?
  - Yes, I believe people who maintain that they heve seen a ghost.

・What is a necessary evil?
  - A necessary evill is something that is bad but we have to agree to it.
  - I think it’s wrong to make experiments on animals but sientists have to test new medicines somehow.

・How much money do you think people need to maintain a child?
  - I think people need about 50,000 yen a month to maintain a child.

・How do blind people read?
  - Blind people read by touching the surface of special books.

・What’s that kind of alphabet called?
  - That kind of alphabet is called Braille.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿