2011年1月2日日曜日

【生英語】今日の学び_20110102

Face to Face

Language Summary の1と2のまとめ。

・We use a or an with jobs
  ○ I work as an editor.
  × I work as editor.

・We don’t usually use the verb practise with sports.
  ○ I play tennis.
  × I practise tennis.

・In gegative sentences we can also put very often at the end.
  ○ I don’t play tennis very often.

・We also use a lot and all the time to mean often.
  ○ He watches TV a lot / all the time.

・For plural numbers of days, weeks, etc., we use once, twice, etc. + every.
  ○ I go once every two months.

・a couple of weeks = two weeks

I like this song. Oh, me too.
・I don’t like cycling. Oh, I do.

I don’t like this song. Me, neither.
・I’m a vegitarian. Oh, I’m not.

・We don’t use a preposition with last or yesterday.
  × I saw it in last weekend.
  × I had dinner with Mike at yesterday evening.
  ○ I bought it on Friday. = I bought it last Friday.

・We don’t usually use while with the Past Simple.
  × Shahrazad was getting ready for bed while her sister came to visite her.

・We don’t use did when we ask about the subject of the sentence.
  ○ Who bought KFC in 1986?
  × Who did buy KFC in 1986?
  ○ When did Mike buy it?
  × When Mike bought it?

・We can also use the Past Continuous to talk about an activity in progress at a point of time in the past.
  ○ I was watching TV at 9 o’clock.
  = I started watching TV before 9 o’clock and continued watching after 9 o’clock.

・When we think the answer to a question will be yes we often use negative questions.
  ○ Didn’t we meet in Milan last year? (I think we did.)
  ○ You’re a student at the English Center, aren’t you? (I think you are.)

・Ending conversations.
  It was nice to see you again.
  I hope we meet again soon.
  It was nice meeting you.
  See you at school, probably.
  Let’s keep in touch.
  See you later, maybe.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿