2011年1月9日日曜日

【生英語】今日の学び_20110109

Face to Face

英語を始めて丸五ヶ月経ったわけで。よーやく、馴染んできたこのごろ。

Language Summary 3-5のまとめ。

・JOB – WORK
  ○ What’s his job? He’s got a job as a cleaner.
  × He’s looking for a work. I job in London.
  JOB: a countable noun
  WORK: an uncountable noun, a verb

・In the present we can use have to or have got to:
  ○ I’ve got to work tonight. = I have to work tonight.

・In Present Simple questions we can say:
  ○ Do you have to… ? or Have you got to… ?
  ○ Do you have to work tonight? = Have you go to work tonight?

・Activity verbs talk about activities and actions.
  We can use activity verbs in the Present Simple and the Present Continuous.
  play, work, write, eat, run and do

・State verbs talk about states, feelings and actons.
  We don’t usually use state verbs in the Present Continuous.
  ○ I like him. / I think it’s great.
  × I’m liking him. / I’m thinking it’s great.

・For apologies we often use:
  I’m really sorry, but I can’t see you tonight.
  I’m sorry, I couldn’t finish it yesterday.

・For reason we often use:
  I have to take a client out to dinner.
  I had to help Kate.

・For promise we often use:
I’ll do it now.
I’ll see you on Friday, I promise.

・We use –ed adjectives to describe how people feel:
  Many people are worried about how much TV children watch.

・We use –ing adjectives to describe the thing, situation, place or person that cause the feeling:
  TV can sometimes be fun and exciting.

・We often use Do you think… ? to make questions with will:
  Do you think robots will take over the world?

・To talk about ability in the present we use can/can’t + infinitive:
  At the moment robots can’t move around easily.
・To talk about ability in the future we use will/won’t be able to + infinitive:
  By 2020 robots will be able to walk and run.

With the verb go, we usually say:
  I’m goint to Italy. not I’m going to go to Italy. but both are correct.

・be planning : I’m planning to retire early.
・be hoping : We’re hoping to spend about a year traveling.
   I’m hoping to… is less certain than I’m going to…
・be looking forward to : I’m looking forward to spending more time doing the things I enjoy.
   We can also use a pronoun or a nown : I’m looking forward my holiday.
・would like : I’d like to live abroad.
・be thinking of : I’m thinking of doing a degree in history of art.
・I want to be famous. I’d love to travel around the world.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿