2011年8月27日土曜日

【DME】今日の学び_20110826

English Method

慣れた先生でさくさくっと。Lesson144の途中から145の最後まで!

・What’s the job of a surgeon so difficult?
  - The job of a surgeon’s so difficult because he must have a steady hand and concentrate all the time during an operation.

・How often do you chek the balance in your bank account?
  - I check the balance in my bank account once a week.

・What things throw you off balance?
  - Unexpected personal questions throw me off balance.

・How many stairs do you think you have to climb to get to the top of the Eiffel Tower?
  - I think you have to climb 2,731 stairs to get to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

・In what professions is it very difficult to climb to the top?
  - I think it’s very difficult to climb to the top in such profession as a bank manager.

・How long does it take to climb to the top in bank management?
  - It takes about 10 years to climb to the top in bank management.

・In what situation do people usually prefer to be let alone?
  - People usually prefer to be left alone when they’re going to cry.

・Why can you feel lonely?
  - You can feel lonely because you have no one to talk to.

・What does ‘look before you leap’ mean?
  - ‘Look before you leap’ means that it’s wise to consider carefully different possibilities before doing something.

・In what situations do people lose their patience?
  - People lose their patience when they have to wait for something for too long.

・What would you do if you really needed a cash injection?
  - If I really needed a cash injection, I’d probably ask my friend to lend me some money.

・How can we express our regret about a present situation?
  - We can express our regret about a present situation by using ‘wish + subject + past tense’.

・What do we use the express our regret about a past situation?
  - We use ‘wish + subject + past perfect’ to express our regret about a past situation.

・What would you say if you failed a stage exam?
  - If I failed a stage exam, I’d say: ‘I wish I had studied more’.

・Why’s it sometimes better to apply new things wth caution?
  - It’s sometimes better to apply new things with caution because we don’t know whether they’ll work properly.

・Should we be causious about giving personal information on the Internet?
  - Yes, we should be causions about giving personal information on the Internet.
  - Because someone may use it in a dishonest way.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿