2011年8月22日月曜日

【DME】今日の学び_20110822

English Method

振り返れば1年超になったものだ。DEM。

今日はLesson143の途中から終わりまで。

・When do we use the past perfect continuous?
  - We use the past perfect continuous for an action that began before the time of speaking in the past and countinued up to that time or finished some time before it.

・How long had you been studying English for when you joined this course?
  - I had been studying English for 3 years when I joined this course.

・What gift did you get last Christmas?
  - I got a book and a bike last Christmas.
  - Yes, I had been dreaming about getting it before I finally got it.

・What’s the difference between ‘When I came, she had been cleaning the room’ and ‘When I came, she had cleaned the room’?
  - ‘When I came, she had been cleaning, the room’ means that the room wasn’t probably cleaned yet. ‘Whan I came, she had cleaned the room’ means that the room was already cleaned.

・What words can we use instead of ‘adult’?
  - We can use the words ‘mature’ and ‘grown-up’ instead of ‘adult’.

・What do little boys usually want to be when they’re grown-up?
  - Little boys usually want to be soldires, policemen or firemen when they’re grown-up.

・How long does it take for cheese to mature?
  - It sometimes takes two years for cheese to mature.

・What’s a fireman’s job?
  - A fireman’s job is to put out fire.

・What kind of people do the police keep under observation?
  - The police keep suspects under observation.

・Would you have to stay in hospital under observation if you had a serious accident?
  - Yes, if I had a serious accident, I’d have to stay in hospital under observation.

・Where do you usually find up-to-date news?
  - When I want to find up-to-date news, I watch current affairs on TV, search the Internet, or read newspapers.

・What kind of magazines do people read to be up-to-date?
  - People read fashion / business magazines to be up-to-date.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿