2011年8月18日木曜日

【DME】今日の学び_20110818

English Method

めまいを乗り越え、釜石郷愁の旅を終え、約2週間ぶりに再開!

Lesson140の途中からLesson141の途中まで。

・If you moved house, how long would it take you to install comfortably in the new place?
  - If I moved house, it’d take me two weeks to install comfortably in the new place.

・Why do some people fear flying?
  - Some people fear flying because they think the plane may crash.

・When do most plane crashes happen?
  - Most plane crashes happen when planes take off or land.

・Realizing the fact that most plane crashes happen during takeoff, would you feel nervous on a plane that was about to take off?
  - Yes, realizing the fact that most plane crashes happen during takeoff, I’d feel nervous on a plane that was about to take off.

・What would you do if you saw two cars crashing into each other?
  - If I saw two cars crashing into each other, I’d first try to call the police and then I’d try to help.

・Why do car crashes happen so often in some countries?
  - I think car crashes happen so often in some countries because the roads are bad and narrow while the traffic’s quite heavy.

・What time does the morning rush hour start in your city?
  - The morning rush hour starts at 7 o’clock in my city.

・Do you agree the only fools rush when there’s an important decision to be made?
  - Yes, I agree that only fools rush when there’s an important decision to be made.

・How do usually pack your suitcase when you fo away for a two-week holiday?
  - When I go away for a two-week holiday, I first pack into my suitcase things like frousers, shoes and then socks, T-shirts, and books.

・At what time of the day are publish means of transport usually the most packed?
  - Publish means of transport are usually the most packed during the morning and evening rush hour.

・What do we mean by a pack of playing cards?
  - By a pack of playing cards we mean a set of playing cards.

・Do you beleive it’ll ever be possible for people to live forever?
  - No, I don’t believe it’ll ever be possible for people to live forever.

・What would you do if you caught a burglar red-handed stealing things from you house?
  - If I caught a burglar red-handed stealing things from my house, I’d call the police.

・Whom do we call a twin?
  - A twin’s one of two children born at the same time from the same mother.

・In what ways can twins differ?
  - Twins can differ in the way they behave or think.

・What can be the advantage of having a twin brother or sister?
  - The advantage of having a twin brother or sister can be making different jokes at other people’s expense.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿