2011年5月31日火曜日

【DME】今日の学び_20110531

English Method

テスト期間前にやっていた復習から。ん?どこだっけ。。

Lesson128の途中からLesson129の途中まで!

・What’s a reasonable price for a new computer?
  - A reasonable price for a new computer is 50,000 yen.

・How long would it take you to get used to living in another city?
  - It’d take me about two weeks to get to living in another city.

・How hard would it be for you to get used to driving on the right?
  - It would be difficult for me to get used to driving on the right.

・How long daily did you use to watch TV five years ago?
  - I used to wach TV for two hours daily five years ago.
・How long daily are you used to watching it now?
  - I’m used to watching TV for five hours now.

・Did you use to go to school by bus?
  - Yes, I used to go to school by bus.
  - No, I didn’t use to go to school by bus.

・Are you used to going to school by bus?
  - Yes, I’m used to going to school by bus.
  - No, I’m not used to going to school by bus.

・What foods do you have to turn over when cooking?
  - You have to turn over beef when cooking.

・What would I have to do if I wanted to read questions from next page?
  - You’d have to turn over the page if you wanted to read questions from the next one.

・Which company makes a bigger yearly turnover: CNN or BBC?
  - CNN makes a bigger yearly turnover than BBC.

・What may account for a high turnover of employees in a company?
  - Low pay or poor working conditions may account for a high turnover employees in a company.

・What’s one of the best paid proffessions in your country?
  - Being a lawyer’s one of the best paid professions in my country.

・Why do some sportsmen turn professional?
  - Some sportsmen turn professional becauset they want to be on a better salary.

・How much do lawyers charge for professional advice?
  - Lawyers charge too much for professional advice.

・What’s the difference between ‘salary’ and ‘wage’?
  - The difference between ‘salary’ and ‘wage’ is that we recieve a salary every month and we recieve a wage weekly.

・If you were seriously injured in a road accident, how long would you have to be nursed in hospital?
  - If I were seriously injured in a road accident, I’d have to be nursed for two months in hospital.

・Whould you become old, would you prefer to be nursed by your children or would you preger to live in a home for the aged?
  - When I become old, I’d prefer to be nursed by my children rather than live in a for the age.

・What’s a nursery?
  - A nursery’s a place where children between the age of 1 and 3 are taken care of while their parents are at work.

・Give me examples of jobs in which people recieve a salary.
  - Employees in an office, professional people such as teachers or doctors, white-collar workers recieve a salary.

・Give me examples of jobs in which people recieve a wage.
  - People who work in factories, caroebters, plumbers, bricklayers, blue-collar workers recieve a wage.

・What kind of work does a blue-collar worker do?
  - A blue-collar worker does hard physical work usually in a factory.

・What’s the job of a plumber?
  - The job of a plumber is to repair watehr pipes and toilets.

・What kind of skilled workers are in demand nowadays?
  - Bricklayers and capenters are skilled workers in demand nowadays.

・What kind of people choose hostels rather than hotels?
  - Students and young people choose hostels rather than hotels.

・Why do some people choose hostels rather than hotels?
  - Somepeople choose hostels rather than hotels because they’re much cheaper.

・How much do you have to pay for lodging in this city?
  - You have to pay 6,000 yen a night for lodging in this city.

・What was the biggest discount that you’ve ever recieved?
  - The biggest discount that I’ve ever recieved was 50%.
  - I bought a my computer in the sales.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿