2011年4月22日金曜日

【DME】今日の学び_20110422

English Method

長い長いブランクがあったけど、今日からまた再開!

Lesson118の途中から、Lesson119の途中まで!

・If you were injured in a car accident, could you claim damages?
  - Yes, if I were injured in a car accident, I could claim damages.

・Does it sometimes happen that claims for damages are too high and so are refused by a court of law?
  - Yes, it sometimes happens that claims for damages are too high and so are refused by a court of law.

・Do some people charged with a serious crime claim to be innocent?
  - Yes, some people charged with a serious crime claim to be innocent.

・What would you say to someone who claimed he had had dinner with Elvis Presley?
  - If someone claimed he had had dinner with Elvis Presley, I’d tell him to go to a doctor.

・Would you believe me if I claimed that I could act on stage like Tome Hanks?
  - Yes, I’d believe you if you claimed that you could act on stage like Tome Hanks.

・Do you believe the claims some people are making that the climate’s changing?
  - Yes, I believe the claims some people are making that the climate’s changing.

・What do Microsoft and Google deal in?
  - Microsoft and Google deal in software.

・If someone wanted to earn money fast, what would you suggest to them to deal in?
  - If someone wanted to earn money fast, I’d suggest to them to deal in gold.

・What is the most profitable deal you have ever made?
  - The most profitable deal I’ve ever made was when I sold my old fridge on Ebay.

・How would you deal with somebody who has let you down?
  - I’d forgive somebody who has let me down.

・In what kind of job deal do you deal with people?
  - You deal with people in almost all kind of jobs.

・Is it profitable to do nothing?
  - Yes, it’s sometimes profitable to do nothing.

・If you can’t deal with a problem at work, who do you confess it to?
  - If I can’t deal with a problem at work, I confess it to my best friend.

・What’sthe job of a shop assistant?
  - The job of a shop assistand is to help costomers in a shop.

・What does a shop assistant usually ask customers on entering the shop?
  - A shop assistant usually asks customers if he could help them somehow on enetering the shop.

・What things does a manager assistant usually do?
  - A manager assistant usually answers letters, e-mails and organises meeting.

・Which’s the leargest company that deals in internet advertising?
  - Google’s the largest company that deals in internet advertising.

・Is advertising a profitable business?
  - Yes, advertising is a profitable business.
  - Because companies are always willing to pay a lot for something that helps them sell their products.

・Whould you like to work in an advertising agency?
  - No, I wouldn’t like to work in an advertising agency.

・Is it difficult to make an advertisement that could catch people’s interest?
  - Yes, it’s difficult to make an advertisiment that could catch people’s interest.

・If you were looking for a job, would you put an advertisement in a newspaper?
  - Yes, if I were looking for a job, I’d put an advertisement in a newspaper.

・What’s the name of the current president of the USA?
  - The name of the current president of the USA is Barrack Obama.

・Are there a lot of documentaries on TV?
  - Yes, there are a lot of documentaries on TV.

・What’s your favorite documentary?
  - My favorite documentary’s about current affairs in politics.

・Are you interested in current affairs?
  - Yes, I’m interested in current affairs.

・From today’s current affairs, which do you believe was the most important?
  - I believe that the election of the president of the USA was the most important from today’s current affairs.

・Do soap operas amuse you?
  - Yes, soap operas amuse me.

・What’s the most popular soap opera in the world?
  - The Bold and the Beautiful is the most popular soap opea in the world.

・Why do people watch soap operas?
  - People watch soap operas because they believe soap operas show real life.

・Is it difficult for a film start to act in a soap opera?
  - Yes, it’s difficult for a film star to act in a soap opera.

・Can you easily follow the plot of a soap opera?
  - Yes, I can easily follow the plot of a soap opera.

・When you lead, does it mean that you follow somebody?
  - No, when you lead, it doesn’t mean that you follow somebody.

・What kind of life do you lead?
  - I lead a normal and comfortable life.

・What’s the name of the street that leads north out of this city?
  - The name of the street that leads north out of this city is North Street.

・Does hard work lead to success?
  - Yes, hard work leads to success, but sometimes you need luck as well.

・Are there any steps leading into this building?
  - Yes, there are some steps leading into this building.

・What are the verb forms of ‘lead’?
  - The verb form of ‘lead’ are ‘lead, led, led’,

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿